Property management is overseeing residential and commercial buildings including condominium units, apartments, and detached houses. As a property manager, you will be responsible for facility management, collecting rent, finding tenants and much more. Managing property is not a small task. you will need Best Software Solutions for Property Management.
Software solutions can support a wide range of properties from residential to industrials. Whether you own a property management firm managing hundreds of properties or you are a landlord with a few properties, software solutions can take the burden off your shoulders. Several software tools are out there, but you have to pick the one after taking into account your needs.
Undoubtedly, finding the best software for property management is time-consuming as well as difficult, but you do not need to go through the hectic process of the shortlisting the best software as this blog has already narrowed down the list. Here is the best property management software you should use.
Avail – feel good about the way you handle your rentals
When it comes to managing your property, you need a complete set of tools that help you manage everything from screening tenants to viewing credit history, signing a lease and collecting rent.
- To begin with, you have to publish a listing. At the time of creating your listing, you will have to write a short description, add property images and list all amenities. Once you have created your listing, Avail will publish it to over a dozen rental websites. Interested applicants will drop you a message and you can ask pre-screening questions and book an appointment.
- You can know more about the renter profile and history. You will get to know their residence history, employment and income verification. You can also request a credit report, criminal background report and eviction reports instantly.
- Avail has a professional team of lawyers who will prepare a lease agreement for you, which means you do not have to bear the headache of this work.
- The best part of this software is you will get the rent directly to your bank account. All you need to do is request payment through email. And link your bank account. Then, Avail will send all instructions to the tenant about the rent payment, security deposit, and fees..
AppFolio a cloud-based software
It is all-in-one property management software. If you have to manage multiple types of property, you should use this software. This software supports all types of property like residential, commercial, and student housing. From marketing to leasing, accounting, reporting, and maintenance, this software provides all features.
Tenant Cloud – all-in-one software
Tenant Cloud is free end-to-end property management software. It is an all-in-one software that provides you with all features that include but not limited to tenants management, full accounting, online payments, online maintenance requests, marketing site, online application, tenant screening, automatic invoicing, posting on multiple sites, and property analysis report.
Tenant Cloud is a multitasking software tool that keeps you away from the hassle of rent collection, rental accounting, payment tracking, visual maintenance requests, online application, and automatic invoicing. It comes in three pricing models: basic, standard and advanced. If you want to avail yourself of all features, you will have to sign up for advanced features.
Three features that are exclusively given in the advanced model are QuickBooks sync, property message board and priority support. Whichever the pricing model you choose for, you will be able to keep track of your rental information, manage maintenance, accept and send payments, and communicate with your tenants. You can also upgrade to a higher model or downgrade to the basic model.
Buildium – manage multiple properties
If you are handling multiple properties, Buildium can also be a good choice for your business. You need to be as fast as possible when it comes to managing the property. You have thousands of things to do like approving lease application, running background checks, resolving maintenance issues, and handling payments. All these tasks can be done with this software. If you are looking for property whether the next door or across the country, you can continue your search as per your own pace. Here are the features of Buildium:
- You can collect rents and securely manage all your accounts. you can track every payment including security deposits. You can also have a record of late payments.
- It has made the accounting simple because you can separate property management expenses from your own building expenses. You can also view monthly profits, upcoming bills, cash in your account, income statements, balance sheets, transaction reports and cash flows.
- There is no fear of late payment in rent because this software can cut the processing time by 70%. Tenants can authorize their bank accounts and set up a payment schedule, which means you will get the rent when it is due.
- However, if tenants are not comfortable with linking bank accounts, this software also allows for cash payments. What the tenant needs to do is obtain a PayNearMe code and visit the PayNearMe store.
- Since everything is done automatically on Buildium, you do not have to make manual entries.
Investing in property management software is a great way to get rid of the headache of manual efforts. Some of them come in the different pricing models. Evaluate the features and opt for the one that suits your needs. In case you do not have money to buy them, you can take out loans for bad credit with no guarantor.
Best software solutions for property management are Avail, AppFolio, Tenant Cloud, and Buildium.